Hi, welcome to the practice house. in this post, we are going to solve a simple issue about your Jasper Report.
Maybe sometimes when you open an old Jasper Report and you see this ugly warning sign with each of column that is saying the use of pdf font is deprecated and replaced by the font extension.
it happened with me and it was making me uncomfortable to work with this jasper file. So now we will learn how to remove this warning message that is showing the use of pdf font is deprecated and replaced by the font extension.
The Information I am Sharing that worked for me.
- Move into the “Source” view in Jaspersoft Studio (I’m on version 6.4.0)
- Press CTRL+F (Edit menu > Find/Replace…)
- Search for pdffont, and in my case, all pdffont came back as pdffontName=”Helvetica”, so
- in the Find/Replace box under “Find” put: pdffontName=”Helvetica”
- in the Find/Replace box leave “Replace with” empty
- Click on replace All
- Save the document and return to the “Design” view
- All warnings to do with the PDF Font is deprecated should disappear
If you are not using JasperSoft Studio any good text editor should be able to do the above.
If the warnings haven’t completely gone away, check that you don’t have any other pdffontName definitions in your “Source” view.
For me, just removing pdffontName worked, but if after removing all of them you still have warnings, maybe check that other pdffont attributes are not causing the problem.
If you still have the issue. Please let me know in the comments below.
I love to explore new technologies. If you like my tutorials please share your thoughts about my work.
Check out my YouTube Channel For Video Tutorials.
To Hire Me Please Contact Me Through Social Media or https:www.amialif.com
If you want to help others by doing donation please Donate To These Charities.
You also can connect with me via social media. Thanks